Covert and Carter - why the U.S. is a great option for Kiwi entrepreneurs to look to for business opportunities.
Deputy Chief of Mission, Kevin Covert, had a conversation with Political/Economic Officer, Nathan Carter, on why the U.S. is a great option for Kiwi entrepreneurs to look to for business opportunities. Covert and Carter briefly touch on the E-1 and E-2 Visas for business (and give examples of successful applicants), and the SelectUSA Investment Summit - what it is, and how Kiwi businesses can be involved.
Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation, including New Zealand.
To find out if your business qualifies, what you need to apply, and how to apply, visit our overview page here.
Visit the Mission website to understand what the SelectUSA Summit is, and hear from two New Zealanders who traveled as part of U.S. Ambassador Brown’s delegation to SelectUSA Summit 2019.
Did you know...
- In 2018 U.S. companies invested NZ$7.4 billion in New Zealand;
- There are over 300 U.S. companies with subsidiary branches in New Zealand;
- New Zealand companies are responsible for creating more than 30,000 jobs in the United States;
- We are seeing tremendous partnerships in the tech sector and the space sector in particular with Rocket Lab and LeoLabs;
- For Kiwi businesses, connecting to the US markets provides access to 330 million new customers as well as serving as a natural launching point for Canada and South America;
- Air-links are increasing with a recent direct route to Chicago added and a new direct route to New York beginning soon;
- U.S. tourism to New Zealand has grown by 9% this year with nearly 370,000 visitors and accounting for NZ$1.38 billion;
- We see a range of successful U.S. franchises in New Zealand. We encourage Kiwi entrepreneurs to attend an International Franchise Expo (IFE) held in a few U.S. cities each year. They are a great way to learn about franchise opportunities to bring back to New Zealand.
Listen to Covert & Carter below....